Tuesday 13 April 2010

Electric schemes

One thing I hadn't expected when I took this on was the amount of emails I would get from people keen that their parliamentary candidates should support various causes. I don't know why I didn't expect it, seems perfectly reasonable when you think about it.

The birth of email has made this kind of lobbying so much easier than it must have been in the past and having looked down the growing list of people asking for my support, I have decided that it is a Very Good Thing.

It gives people the power to reach out and tap us candidates on the electronic shoulder whenever they like and ask us directly, "what do you think?"

And it lets me know who is out there - names of real people and the issues they care about, not just some anonymous mass called The Electorate.

I'm all for it so, why not leave a comment or question for me on this blog? You might even start a debate...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia