Thursday 8 April 2010

Standing up



Hello.


My name is John Clare and I have just been chosen as the Green Party's General Election candidate in Huntingdon.


This is my first time standing in a General Election (it's not something you do every day) and I wanted to write this blog as a way of sharing the experience and maybe persuade some of you to vote for me on May 6th.


To set the scene, Huntindgon is about as safe as Tory seat as it is possible to get. You can see what a whacking majority the current MP has HERE. I covered the last election count as a reporter and remember the tables in the leisure centre growing under the weight of Tory ballots.


So, a bit of a hill to climb then. More than one person has asked why I'm bothering. Well, I'm not taking the result for granted. In fact, I think the whole constituency and everyone in it has been taken for granted for too long.


That's why I'm standing. I want people to have a proper choice when they come to cast their vote. So let's see what happens in the next fourweeks shall we? Should be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia